We are both happy and proud to announce that Brewery De Halve Maan won five medals at the Australian International Brewing Awards, including three gold awards.
- Brugse Zot Blond: gold in the category Belgian & French Style Ale, Blonde
- Brugse Zot Dubbel: gold in the category Belgian & French Style Ale, Dubbel
- Straffe Hendrik Tripel: gold in the category Belgian & French Style Ale, Tripel
- Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel: silver in the category Belgian & French Style Ale, Dark Strong
- Straffe Hendrik Wild: silver in the category Best Speciality Beer, Other
The 2015 AIBA attracted a record number of entries with more than 1,700 submissions from 344 exhibitors, across 35 countries received. The wide variety of beer styles were assessed by an expert industry panel of 58 judges from around the world. Head Judge Warren Pawsey, who oversaw the largest panel of assessors ever assembled for the awards, was overwhelmed with the quality of entrants in 2015, which has improved year-on-year. ‘We have been extremely impressed by the high quality product coming through, and 2015’s pool of entrants has not disappointed.’
To top things of, this year’s Champion Large International Brewery Trophy was also awarded to Brewery De Halve Maan.